Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13: Now That's What I Call Music

Even Ewoks celebrate Christmas
 Ten days ago I did a post about my Top 5 Christmas Carols I can't stand and I was asked from some people, "If I were to enjoy Christmas, what Christmas Carols would I recommend?"  First, let me say that I do enjoy Christmas, the actual day of Christmas, December 25th to be exact.  What I don't enjoy is the ninety days leading up to December 25th.  Second, I do enjoy listening to some Christmas Carols, just not the ones I mentioned HERE.

My truck's radio has a station on preset that plays Christmas songs 24/7 starting the week of Thanksgiving and I listen to it occasionally.  I would say I like 90% of the Christmas songs out there.  Like having to hear Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving, there are some Christmas songs that I can and will listen to over and over.

I will leave Bruce Springsteen's rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town off of the list, I've made it pretty clear that this is my all time favorite Christmas song and in case you forgot, here it is again.

Now that you've watched The Boss again, I present you with the Top 5 Obscure Christmas Songs:

5.  Faith Noel  - Trans Siberian Orchestra (Actually all of their music kicks ass)

4.  12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser

3.  Snoopy vs. The Red Baron - Royal Guardsmen

2.  I Am Santa Claus - Bob Rivers

1.  Christmas In Hollis - Run DMC

I have one honorable mention to add as well, I didn't include it in the Top 5 but it is also a song I can listen to many times, but it's more well known than the others.

The 12 Pains of Christmas

And of course The 12 Redneck Days of Christmas

It seems that Gonads go a little too happy watching Elves Gone Wild and needs some relief, just stay away from that horse you pig fucker!


8 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome choices. I have 3 of them on my Christmas music playlist.

    I just wanted to mention your Star Wars Christmas special from a few posts back. I do remember seeing it when it was on TV, that one and only time. Which is a bit of a feat, considering that we only had 3 channels at the time.
    I thought I might have had the listing of it in my collection of old TV guides, but it turns out that the listing I remembered was for something called the Ewok Adventure. Oh well.

    Again, Great music choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! You were one of the lucky ones who saw it "live"? You my friend, are a minor deity amongst Star Wars geeks.

      Ah yes the Ewok Adventure, not quite as bad as the Holiday Special, but bad in its own right.

      Delete
  2. Great list!

    You might want to tell your Elf that the condom is bigger than he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      On he knows that, at least I assume he knows that....

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Arlo's epic tale ushers in the Holidays pretty darn excellently. He does an annual show here in NYC and I want to go one year.

    Gonads is at it again, that horny little bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice song choices. I am thinking your elf has maybe been reading too much of The 50 Shades! :) Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sucks. I just left one of the most beautiful comments ever. Then the internets ate it. Fuck me. Briefly, again. I <3 Jeff Foxworthy too. Yes. The holiday "season" completely screws the climactic build up out of Christmas. Your elf is a perv, but mine sleezes around with Monster High dolls in our Barbie house. You'll like the guest post on my blog on Monday. The Sleepy Bard wrote it. ;-) It's fitting for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right! I forgot about Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving! What about Thriller on Halloween?

    ReplyDelete