1. Someone gave me an award for my pitiful blog.
2. I was sick so I shit my pants when I coughed.
My first Liebster Award given to me by Blondie McBaffled (who by he way if you're reading this...get back to fucking writing your blog). It was an honor. Then I started getting more awards and quickly realized that these are like the buttons you used to give to your "friends" on Fakebook. Sure I accepted them and even played along when the award givers started to get demanding by telling us to answer eleven questions or give them 25 unknown facts about yourself. It got old...quick, and I'm not alone with this thought process either there are several bloggers out there who like the awards but can't stand doing the work. What I ask is, keep it simple. I am really glad you gave me the award, really I do love me the awards (I'm sorta self centered that way), I love showing them off (even if they're pink and all flowery), I love giving them to other bloggers (especially Working Dan) and please keep them coming if you feel that I deserve the honors.
With that said, I had two bloggers last week drop awards down on me...and yes they have the stipulations that go along with them. I read the posts that they did and I am going to play along this time for two simple reasons:
2. Blog #2 is someone I don't follow, yet she follows me.
The first award is from Michael G. DAgostino who lives, I think in Australia and writes the blog The World As I See It. He has been in Dude Write challenges and something really cool is he is a stand up comic (my secret dream). He gave me another Leibster Award. I shall obey the rules on this one because the questions are good and well, he's a stand up comic.
The other blogger who gave me the same award is D. Marie Michael...wait it sounds too much like Michael G. DAgonstino, something smells fishy but I will play along. D. Marie writes the Lessons on the Cheap blog and is someone who I am ashamed to say, have never read her blog. I think it's awesome that this is the first time someone who I don't follow has given me an award, plus unlike Michael, D., Marie actually had the award in her blog to copy and paste.
The rules, like every other time are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself. (Ugh, fine, I'll do it again but only once, you both have to share my random facts and they are being changed for my amusement)
- Answer the 11 questions the award giver has asked (this I will do for both)
- Tag 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, no tag backs (If you want it, just take it)
- I do not believe Jar Jar Binks ruined the franchise.
- I do think the Original Trilogy is much better than the Prequels.
- I feel anyone who butchers the Saga by skipping movies is not a true Star Wars fan, watching in a different order, sure, but you can't leave a movie out.
- I don't think George Lucas sold out to Disney, I think it was a smart move and Disney will do a great job with the upcoming films.
- I feel R2-D2 is the unsung hero in all of the movies. From the first space repair to the Ewok celebration, Artoo was there.
- I own a full copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special, complete with commercials.
- I can watch the Original Trilogy four different ways, unedited VHS, digitally remastered VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Like Jar Jar, the Ewoks did not ruin the RotJ.
- Three out of five of my tattoos are Star Wars related and I am in negotiations for two more.
- Minion #2 was secretly named after a Star Wars character, despite what the Trophy says.
- I embrace the changes Lucas did to movies, if you want to relive your childhood, purchase them in the unedited formats.
- What kind of creature is Grimace? (The McDonalds mascot) Well Grimace is obviously some sort of mutated version of a Hutt.
- Who's your favourite non-rock or pop musical artist? (I think that leaves Jazz, Blues, Country, Reggae, Trance, most Rap/Hip Hop and Dubstep) Digging deep in this one, Hank William Jr.
- What's your favourite variety of cheese? Extra sharp cheddar.
- Have you ever mimiced the Gangnam Style Dance? What the fajita is Gangnam? Isn't that a card game like Pokemon?
- Who's selling sea shells by the sea shore? They never mention who she is. Shelly of course.
- When was the last time you went for a pap smear/prostate exam? I had the two finger poke three years ago, but it wasn't a prostate exam...and yes it was by a doctor.
- Don't you think it's time? I totally agree it's time, preach on brotha!
- What's your favourite Star Wars, Godfather and Indiana Jones film? Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Godfather: Honestly, I've only watch them once, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- How many songs are there on your mp3 player or phone? Over 3,000 on my iPod.
- Do you/have you ever talked about religion or politics with strangers? There are two topics I actively avoid and it's politics and religion.
- Which of the Avengers is the hottest? This question is the real reason I decided to answer questions. What a fantastic question, how do you answer this though? Do you need to go back to the 60s and start from there or strictly stick to the modern day Avengers? If it's overall I would need to go with the Wasp, since she has been around since the beginning, she's spunky and of course, like all of the female heroes, well drawn. If it's modern Avengers, Black Widow...Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow.
And now for Marie's questions:
1. In 5 words or less, why do you blog? Therapy and I enjoy it.
2. Are you a spend-thrift or a cheapskape? Spend-thrift.
3. I follow your blog, do you follow mine? :-) I hang my head in shame, I do not follow your blog, but now I will :-)
4. Most productive time of day to blog? Lunchtime break.
5. Do you want to have a big money-making blog one day? Actually no. I want to go viral and get noticed by some people.
6. What is your favorite comfort food? Chinese food.
7. Do you have a piggy bank and where do you hide it? Ha ha just kidding I need money to have a piggy bank.
8. Do you have a garden? We do now...see my last post.
9. Are you one of those preppers?????? Hell no, if it happens it happens.
10. Just how cheap are you? On a scale of 1-10....I would say a 6.
11. What color are your eyes? I'm so full of shit, they're brown.
There you go, I thank you for the Liebster Awards and I have answered my questions. See? I can play well with others.