|Always look on the bright side..|
The few things she is "startled" by are the paddles, whips, riding crops and "funny-looking" feathery implements. These startled her? Not the cross or the iron grid hanging from the ceiling? Are those things normal in Seattle or Oregon, wherever the fuck she's from, I forget now. She notices carabiners hanging all over the ceiling and wonders what they are for..duh..they probably have something to do with the metal grate bolted to the roof, is she really that naive? As she is looking around the room she notes that is kind of soft and romantic...soft and romantic? If you use the word oxblood in the same sentence as romantic, somethings wrong with you.
"Would you like to go to a nice romantic dinner? I heard about this place called Oxblood's."
Out of all the implements of destruction positioned around the room, she is "depressed" to know that he likes to hurt women...depressed? If I were her I would be scared shitless of this would be rapist. He tells her that he has rules that she must follow, for her benefit and his pleasure. Steeley will be rewarded if she follows them satisfactorily and punished if she doesn't. How many more warnings do you need before you look at him and say, "This is where you and I end." and bolt for the door?
One thing I have noticed while reading this book is that he is constantly telling her to eat. What is he doing fattening her up for slaughter? Stick a metal rod up her ass and roast her over a fire? Probably...this guy is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him. As if the "subtle" hints didn't set off the red flags, he tells her "I will punish you when you require it and it will be painful." Hmmm let me think here, kick him in the nuts and run dumbass! As mentioned before there are the rules:
- Obedience - She must obey everything he tells her to do.
- Food - She must eat three squares and NO snacks.
- Clothes - She will wear what he wants her to wear.
- Exercise - She must work out four times a week for an hour at a time.
- Personal Hygiene/Beauty - She will be saved/waxed and visit a beauty salon as he tells her to.
- Personal Safety - She will not drink excessively, smoke, take recreational drugs.
- Personal Qualities - She will only fuck him.
|Stay away from me you freak! I still can't picture her as Steeley.|
- No acts involving fire play. (But beating the shit out of a woman is kosher? Got it.)
- No acts involving urination or defecation and the products thereof. (Whew, thank God for that, at least he has limits....sort of.)
- No acts involving needles, knives, piercing or blood. (But waxing everything is fine?)
- No acts involving gynecological medical instruments. (But whips, chains and floggers are acceptable?)
- No acts involving children or animals. (Yes, this would have made him out as sex offender...)
- No acts that will leave any permanent marks on the skin. (Um, if hit hard enough, scars can occur..)
- No acts involving breath control. (Again drawing the line somewhere....)
- No activity that involves the direct contact of electric current, whether alternating or direct. (Really? You have to specify AC/DC?)
I gave the imagination factor four cuffs in this chapter, the author's imagination skyrocketed with her idea of romantic fun...yeah whips and chains excite her I guess.
Wishful Thinking Factor
High Expectation Factor
I gave the high expectation factor three cuffs. It's not out of the realm of possibilities to find a closet sex offender/borderline rapist but for one to be Bruce Wayne rich and have a room built just for that, not so much.