Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unbelievably Unqualified Sports "Managers"

Yeah...showing my age and knowledge of crappy music I know, I know...

Is that a glimmer of hope I see at the end of the tunnel known as the A to Z Challenge?  What letter are we on?  How many letters do I have left?  Oh yeah the letter U and I thought this one was going to be hard!  HA!  I laugh in the face of the challenge, you give me the letter U?  Is that all you got?

During the day I have found myself listening to sports talk radio as opposed to music.  I drive around for a living seeing my accounts.  I find these sports shows pretty informative and entertaining.  They usually have some good guests on and the hosts are knowledgeable.  The thing that cracks me up are the callers that, well, call in.  These guys (and I say guys because 99.5% of the callers are men) think they know how to run a professional sports team.  Surprise!  You don't.  I don't.  Chances are the people reading this don't know how to run a professional sports team.

It doesn't matter whether it is the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins or even the Militia, your high school sports background does not make you qualified to judge how they are run by the manger or ownership.  When you call the show you really sound like a complete and utter dumbass.  I played second base for my little league team for several years that doesn't make me qualified to back up Dustin Pedroia. 

Some of these guys remind me of the Saturday Night Live skit with the fans from Chicago...you know Da Bears, da Bulls.  They think they know what makes a good sports team but...oh so wrong.





These are the people who want to trade a player who has proven year after year that he will pull through the slump he is in.  It's not that they want to trade them, it's how they want to trade them....

Dumbass Caller - "You know what (insert team name here) should do?  They should trade (insert player name here) for (insert better player name here)."

Radio Host - "OK, how would you make that trade?"

Dumbass Caller - "Ummmmm, well you know you could add other players in with (insert player name here)."

Radio Host - "OK, what about his no trade clause?"

Dumbass Caller -"Ummmmm, errrr."  CLICK

Yeah, most calls go like that.  They have no clue what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment